Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whooosahhh, Taking it 10 Steps Back

          A mental and physical cleanse is what I need.  Some good yoga, maybe a detox plan for my body for at least a week, and getting organized and rid of all the shit mentally and physically from my space will put me in a better place.  Hopefully it will put me back on track and help me to sort out the mess that’s going on in my head.  So confused, not feeling right, I’m just all over the place. 

          I gotta get back to focusing on my goals and where I wanna be, because its quite clear that my work situation is NOT the answer.  A little known fact about me is that my dream job is too be a life coach.  Help people get their finances in line to reach their goals and get their lives organized.  My motto for it was "Helping people to build the foundations for their future."  Nice huh?  I kind of played off of my civil background there.  But even so, I can't even begin to put that idea into motion until I get to where I want to be.  No one likes getting advice from someone who doesn't even have their own shit together, and I would be no exception to that. 

          Last night  I talked with my own "life coach", my old boss/ friend/ mentor Jenna, and got some good insight.  My first step is to come up with a plan of attack and sets dates for certain goals I want to accomplish so that I'm constantly moving forward in my quest for a job that makes me happy and a life that I can be even more proud to lead. 

          I've already put into motion some things to make my life as it is with this job and location more bearable.  To fix my social conundrum, I've successfully found a roommate.  She's my age, a fellow 2011 grad, from NYC and seems like we have a lot of things in common and get along well from our interactions and meetings thus far.  I see a potential good friend in her and we're both besides ourselves with excitement to move into my finalized new apt in a more affordable, nicer area in CT closer to Worcester and Boston, but still only a 20 minute drive to work. 

         Things are looking up, all I have to do is put that plan in motion to fix one of the major downfalls of my life left...my career.   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment