Thursday, December 15, 2011

25 Days of Blessings: My Education



          Yesterday was a productive day, for me at least.  Still nothing to do work related but, I took a chunk of my day and dedicated to filling out my grad applications.  3 down 2 more to go.  On the list, in order of preference is NYU, BU, BC, Rutgers, UMass Amherst.  I first was just applying to NYU just as a reach school but the more I think about it the more I want to go, even though I'm not a fan of New York.  Since I'm a Boston girl at heart I had to apple to BU and BC especially now considering moving back, it only makes sense.  Rutgers I wouldn't mind going but I put it on my list to get out of my comfort zone and UMass Amherst is in the middle ground of CT and Boston if I decide I want to stay here (highly unlikely). 


          The whole college application process is nerve racking.  You hope that you get into all your choices because rejection blows.  I guess I'm a little spoiled when it comes to college rejection because I got into all 5 of my undergrad choices.  Bridgewater, WPI, Tuskegee, American, and Quinnipiac all said yes to me.  So to be honest with you, I'm not sure how I'll take it if I get denied from these schools and these aren't easy schools to get into.  We'll see how it all pans out, hopefully all for the better.

          But going through the app process made me realize how blessed I am to have my education.  Your degrees are permanent.  Once you've gotten them, no one can take that away from you...ever.  Some people spend all their lives trying to achieve at least one college degree and I'm 22 years old with a BS in Civil Engineering, a BA in Environmental Studies and well on my way (hopefully) to getting my Masters in Higher Education. 

          WPI may have put me through hell, but I came through the fire and found myself on the other side with more opportunities than I could have ever imagined. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment