Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ambitiousgirl.com

“Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals”
                                                                                                                                  -Buddah

          No this is not a website (well it might be), but for the purpose of this post, it's just my title :). I pride myself on a lot of things like always having at least 1 job all the while graduating high school with a 4.0, making it through WPI to receive 2 degrees and be the first in the school's history to graduate with an Bachelors in Science AND Arts. But the thing I am most proud of is that once I get an idea in my head that I want to do, I won't stop until I've got it done. I guess that's why I've been able to do all the things I've done... ambition.

          According to dictionary.com ambition is defined as "an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment." Sounds about right. For the earlier part of my life I was mostly surrounded by unambitious people, people who would just (metaphorically speaking) bend over an took it from life. Well, seeing that could either make you too take it up the ass from Life, or make you wanna grab it by the balls and take control of it. Needless to say I fell into the latter.

          So after handling the beast called school and landing a job in semi-cooperate America (the construction management industry tinkers on the edge of suits and work boots) I think I'm going back into the ring for another round. I'm going back for my masters! Dream school: Yale, just because I've always wanted to be a Ivy Leaguer but was too lazy to go through all those extra essays for Cornell, plus Yale is right in between work and home. You can't get a better location than that! Yea, I thought for sure that I was done after I graduated undergrad but the saying is true, you never miss something until its gone, and I can honestly say I kinda miss school. Plus its true what they say about money not being able to buy you happiness, now I realize that I'd much rather have a job that I love that doesn't pay as much than a job that pays well but I can't stand. Which brings me to my (drum roll please)....

LESSON OF THE DAY!

          So this is something I want to do everyday because as cliche as it sounds you in fact learn something new everyday, whether you notice it or not. So today's lesson is: Sometimes its better to follow your heart, rather than your head. I wouldn't suggest this lesson for everything in life but definitely ones that concern your everyday happiness, like your job. I mean you do spend 9 or more hours there a day so it makes sense that you should enjoy it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment