Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mellowing Out

         
          Mellow. That's how I'm feeling today.  Not upset about much but nothing really to look forward to either.  In my fit of boredom at work, I've further broken down my expenses to a T.  In other words I can tell you where every single penny of my money is going all the way up to 2013.  I know excessive right? But what else do I have to do to with nothing to keep me busy at work, plus my OCD doesn't help the cause either.

          Update on the Gym.  I haven't yet joined.  To be honest I don't think I am going to know either.  The Gold's Gym I was going to join doesn't really have that much to offer for the price they are asking.   Plus, the apartments I'm looking at mostly all come with some form of workout room.  Until the and in the mean time I will stick to my Insanity, once I get the energy after work to actually do it.  Needless to say I'm feeling a little unmotivated and I gotta fix it. 

          In my efforts to reach my financial goals I have been searching craigslist constantly to find a cheaper apartment.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE the place I'm in, but the benefits of it don't outweigh my desire to save up for things I want.  The money I'm putting into this place is not worth it to me anymore.  Yes I love finding deals and coupon cutting, but let’s face it, I'm the type girl who loves chai lattes, shopping at Whole Foods, has a weakness for shoes, jackets, and the latest technology, and is also addicting to saving and paying things off in full.  There just isn't room enough in my budget to do all of that and have a pricey pad to lay my head down in.  If my friends and family were around enough so that I could host parties and have people over, I wouldn't imagine giving up but they aren't and for that reason it’s not worth it. 

          So after beating my budget down to a pulp, I realize that I'm going to have to stay with my company for at least a year in order to get financially stable before I can take any risks in following my real dreams. 

LESSON OF THE DAY

          Unfortunately you can't always live life like there's no tomorrow because chances are, there will be one.  The sad thing about it is that in the unfortunate event that I died today, I wouldn't be able to say that I've done all I wanted to do up to this point or that I had no regrets in the decisions I've made or that I have lived my life to the fullest.  In order for me to get to that point of complete satisfaction with my life I need to do something’s I don't enjoy doing today so that I have the means to do what I want to do tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment