Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Pursuit of Happiness

          Migrane.  Bored beyond belief as I enter day 27 of the working world.  Counting the days like I'm serving a life sentence.  Trying hard to see the positive in living in a city 2 hours away from my family, friends, and boyfriend and working at a job where I sit and watch the clock until its ime to leave.  There's no doubt, I know I'm blessed, as there are many people out there who don't have jobs and aren't nearly as well paid as I am for pretty much doing nothing.  But that doesn't change how I feel about my own situation. 

          Rev Run tweeted today, "There was a man who had no shoes and complained, until he met a man with no feet... stay thankful."  True, there are always going to be people way worse off than you and you should be thankful for what you have, but that doesn't change how you feel about your own situation.  Trying to see the positive in what you see as so negative is extremely difficult.

LESSON OF THE DAY

          I read a friend of mine's blog today and it inspired me to try a little harder to improve my attitude.  In her words Life is "too short to waste my time complaining about the things I know I can change."  The reality of it is that my situation is not going to change for at least 6 months, I'm stuck at my job and apartment until then. I can't change that, BUT I can change how I feel about the little things that I do have control over to make the time I am here as enjoyable as I can.  After this week I will join a gym.  Step one in improving my overall mood and health.  I gained a few pounds and am NOT happy about it plus working out makes me feel better overall.  Hey maybe I'll even meet some people my age. 

          Next step, find new ways to increase my income.  I'm addicted to saving and nice things, plus I want to build and design my own house from scratch someday.  In order to do all that and more I need to make as much money as I can and as soon as I can because I want it all, and I want it ASAP.  Like my friend said, life is too short.  I want my dreams to come true while I can still enjoy them,  I want to enjoy my life while I still can.  So, I have to put some kind of plan in motion to make sure that happens...now.

No comments:

Post a Comment