Friday, January 6, 2012

Get Up, Get Out, and Get Happy

          Alright seems easy enough right.  Well it is...kind of.  The hardest part is finding the motivation to start the road to happiness and it doesn't happen over night.  As you may know I haven't been in the best of moods, some days worse than others, so this is something I needed to start.

          It all started with getting out of my bed and going to the gym.  This week I spent my fair share of days sulking in my bed watching sappy movies and trying to sleep my life away but Wednesday I forced myself to go to the Y.  I took my Zumba class tried out a great new Hip Hop class and felt a little better.  Yesterday, I was exhausted but I pushed through it and fought the irresistible temptation of my bed and went to my spin class.  Even though the spin instructor was playing every fricken sad love song known to man I fought the urge to get up and walk out.  I felt a little better than I did before I went.  Exercise releases endorphins, and endorphins supposedly make you feel good so I was glad I got up and got my little fix.


  


        Even though I'm no where near where I want to be in terms of my mood, ever since Wednesday, I've been able to deal with the shit going on a little bit better.  So I'm convinced the more I do this over time the better I will feel. 

LESSON OF THE DAY

Get Up, Get Out, and Get Happy*. 
*Disclaimer results may not be instant and may vary.  However the more practiced the better results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment