Sunday, September 25, 2011

Me, myself, and I

          Me, myself, and I. That's who I came in and that's all I'll have when I leave here.  In life, people will come and go but your the only one that is gonna be there for good. Its a pipe dream to think anyone will understand you better than yourself and when you're feeling a certain way you gotta be the one to deal with it because no one else will understand.

           Everyone handles change differently.  Some can see the positive in it more vividly than others. And then there's those who can only focus on how things were in the past instead of making what they have now work for them in achieving their happiness. Me, I fall into the later.  I'm a Taurus, proud, strong, stubborn and unyielding to change.  I like my routine and anything that interrupts that, well lets just say It can take a nice flight to hell and stay there.  Needless to say this new job, state, and living situation have not been an easy transition for me. 

           Some days are better than others but most days are like hell.  When the bad days out number the good, the good days seemed to get overlooked by the bad ones and then its seems like everyday is hell when in reality it isn't.

           It's easy to say happiness is a choice for those who are happy.  For the rest of us, we wish it were that easy.  You might be saying well it is and to you I say you are wrong.  If happiness was as an easy of a choice as you happy people say it is then why are depression and suicide rates so high?  Not saying my unhappiness is that severe but its not as easy as you think.

           Its true, misery does love company, but so does happiness.  So what happens when a happy person and a sad person who are both set in their ways meet? For that I don't have an answer... yet, but when I find out I'll be sure to let you know.  I can imagine it would be the same answer to the question what happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force.  And if you know the answer to that please let me know.

LESSON OF THE DAY

           If your in a rut, don't drag anyone one else in it.  There might be that one person who you tell everything to and you feel it would be wrong to be anything but real and honest with them about how you're feeling, but even for them you'll have to put on a smile because as soon as you open up about your rut, if they care about you they'll feel like they need to fix it.  And the reality is that they can't, only you can and if they try it will only strain your relationship to a point you don't want to go.  And if you can't fake the funk while you get your shit together, then maybe you should take a step back for a while until you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment